Vss. 1-9 Paul traded everything for the cost of knowing Christ (v 8)
- Paul was lost, so God came looking ‘til Paul was found (v 9)
- Paul had nothing of value with which to trade, so God paid the cost with Jesus’righteousness (v 8-9)
Vss 10-17 Paul continued trading for the cost of knowing Christ better
- Expecting more and pressing on….
- Experiencing resurrection power…
- Elusive perfection awaits…
From Algebra, you might remember the concept of an asymptote.
If not, maybe you’ll recognize it below. An asymptote (in this case
a horizontal asymptote) is a straight line that a curve approaches but
never quite reaches.