God’s work at Dix Hills EFC saw its beginnings in 1963 as an extension of a home Bible study when ten couples assembled to discuss establishing an Evangelical Free Church in the Huntington area. God blessed the meeting and through hard work the church was established, a building was completed, and as happened then, great things are still coming from God.
The goal of our church family is to be marked by a genuine love and warmth for people, a ready responsiveness to God’s Word, and a settled conviction that our task, as a body of believers is to win our area to faith in Jesus Christ.
The Dix Hills Evangelical Free Church is committed to the Biblical concept of family. While the Bible acknowledges that all of humankind is indeed God’s “offspring,” only those who have committed their lives to Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord are called the “sons and daughters” of God. In the light of these Biblical truths the purpose of our church is twofold:
TO ENLARGE THE FAMILY OF GOD BY CONNECTING PEOPLE WITH OUR FATHER
- sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with our world and calling people to a personal faith commitment to Jesus as Lord.
- by celebrating the Fatherhood of God and the joy of relations within His family through worship, Bible study, prayer, fellowship, and ministry together.
- By creating a place that is “home” for all those seeking rest and community in the presence of God.
TO MATURE EACH BROTHER & SISTER BY CONNECTING PEOPLE WITH OUR FAMILY
- by seeking to care for God’s children through teaching, encouragement and comfort and by urging one another on towards full maturity of faith and conduct. (I Thessalonians 2:7-12; Colossians 1:28,29)
- by offering continuing Biblical instruction in recognizing both the privileges and responsibilities found within family relationships and practical counsel in how to be God’s person in one’s human family.
- by recognizing the uniqueness of each individual within the Family of Christ, the Church, and encouraging them to use their gifting for the Kingdom of God (I Cor. 7:12)
For more information on the Evangelical Free Church of America
scroll to the next page "Evangelical Free Church of America"